For nearly 20 years, Moser Bland & Co. has helped clients to successfully manage their financial affairs. This has often included self-managing their own superannuation funds, allowing the tax effective accumulation of financial assets for retirement.
Superannuation is one of the most effective forms of wealth creation structures available to Australian taxpayers. Self-managed superannuation funds have become an increasingly popular method of taking advantage of the taxation benefits inherent in superannuation.
As an alternative to large managed or pooled funds, Moser Bland & Co. offers clients the opportunity to establish and manage their own self managed superannuation fund. The main benefit of managing your own fund is that it provides you with control over the destiny of the fund's investments.
Regulatory authorities administer the legislation which provides the framework for investment choice and the boundaries within which Superannuation Funds must operate. To the uninitiated that legislation may seem complex and restrictive. At Moser Bland & Co. we are easily able to guide you down a practical path that simplifies the complexities.
The abundance of rules and regulations applying to self-managed funds have been designed to ensure that the tax concessions given to these funds are genuinely used for retirement purposes. That is consistent with the wealth creation motives of our clients.
Self managed superannuation funds have many advantages over large public offer funds. These advantages include:
- Tailored management of tax on investment income and capital gains;
- Increased flexibility in investment choices and asset selection;
- Control over the total investment portfolio, with the ability to take account of the risk profile of all your assets, including those held outside superannuation;
- The ability to have up to four members in the fund to allow the pooling of resources of others with similar financial objectives (for example, a family unit);
- Maximum flexibility in establishing and managing pension streams, including allocated, term allocated and complying pensions;
- Increased flexibility to use the advantages superannuation offers for those wanting to access Centrelink benefits such as the age pension;
- The ability to transfer personally owned shares and other listed securities directly into superannuation; and
- The ability to own your business' real property (but not operating assets) in the superannuation fund, providing funding and cashflow.
Moser Bland & Co. can assist you with all aspects of the fund’s administration and operation.